ENRA is a rapidly growing and highly profitable specialist property finance group. The Group achieved record EBITDA in 2022 and is on course to beat that for 2023, with AUM in excess of £2bn spread across 5 diversified lending products, as well as a market-leading broking division. The Group is led by an experienced and entrepreneurial exceptive team and supported by one of the largest fund managers as a key investor.
Having completed a major corporate transaction last year, the Group is now embarking on its next 5-year plan, to grow AUM to >£5bn and EBITDA to £100m. In line with these plans, the Funding Solutions and Finance Departments are also executing strategic and digital transformation programmes, to right size their capabilities for the planned growth. A central objective of these strategies is to enhance the Groups funding capabilities, particularly across the Term products, to optimize cost of funding and interest rate hedging effectiveness. The Group currently hedges its interest rate risk on fixed term products using interest rate swaps.
The Funding Solutions team is currently a team of 3, and the Finance team of 16 is organized on a product basis with dedicated teams responsible for short-term, term, broking and group functions.
A new role has been created within Funding Solutions, reporting to Dept Head, to work cross-functionally, with a dotted line to the Senior Financial reporting accountant in Finance. They will be responsible for building-out and systemizing all existing hedging processes, reporting and hedge accounting. The role will also be responsible for reporting interest rate risk to ALCO.
This role will likely suite a qualified accountant with experience gained in the Treasury or Finance function of a financial services group, looking to step-up and make their mark at an ambitious and growing firm or an individual with Treasury Operations experience.
- Build-out and systemize the existing hedging processes, controls and reporting.
- Take the lead on the hedge accounting (IFRS 9 cash flow hedge accounting), with support from the Financial Reporting team and FD. Taking ownership of hedge accounting models.
- Take the lead on reporting loan prepayment profiles and making recommendations for ongoing assumptions.
- Become a trusted partner between Funding Solutions and Finance in respect of all aspects of hedging.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience of financial products and treasury function activities.
- Ideally gained working in a bank or specialist lending business, with an understanding of hedging operations.
- Understanding of IFRS 9 and hedge accounting an advantage, although not essential.
- Analytical and hands-on by nature, happy building excel models from scratch.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Qualified accountant.
- Proficient manipulating large data sets.
- Solid technological literacy and excel skills.
- Highly numerate and articulate.
- Driven and enjoys building and developing business processes and controls.
- Comfortable working to deadline and under pressure.
- Flexible, calm and self-assured.
Company Values - CREDIT
Customer - Customers are our primary focus
Results - Results matter, create value every day
Energy is contagious, Share it!
Developing our people makes us different
Invent the solution - be proactive
Teamwork - Together we can build the business